Indulge And Relax With Aromatherapy Massage In Darlington
Aromatherapy is the use of oils extracted from plants for therapeutic purposes. This increasingly popular treatment can be used for many different purposes, including stress relief, mood enhancement and relieving aching muscles. Each essential oil has its own unique properties and will produce different results, which is why we will always provide a bespoke aromatherapy session for you.
- Uses natural ingredients
- Is safe, drug-free and non-invasive
- The treatment process is enjoyable and relaxing
- Suitable for most people of all ages
- Can be used to treat various issues such as stress, anxiety, depression, digestive problems, menstrual problems, insomnia, aches and pains
- Your treatment will be especially tailored to your needs so every session is unique
- Is combined with massage which will relax your muscles and help your body and mind to unwind
- Can be focused on specific areas of the body
As with all our treatments, we offer a completely personal service to each client. To begin the session, your particular condition will be assessed and your therapist will then determine which type of treatment would be right for you. A blend of oils will be prepared specifically for your needs. Each blend has its own unique and luxurious aroma.
The treatment itself will usually involve massage; this is so that the oils can be absorbed through the skin. Despite the name, the benefits of aromatherapy are not completely based on smell, although the natural aromas from the oils will also be inhaled during the treatment and complement the massage therapy.
Aromatherapy is a brilliant way to relax, unwind and let go of all your stress and worry. We create a harmonious and relaxing environment to carry out this therapy, with calming music, peaceful surroundings and the soothing scent of the essential oils enveloping you. We can provide a full body treatment if required, or we can focus on your back and neck to ease away the tension and pain that many people experience in that area.
After your aromatherapy treatment, there are certain steps you can take to ensure maximum benefits.
- It is important to avoid bathing or washing for 4 to 8 hours so that you can fully inhale the vapours used in the treatment oils.
- Aromatherapy is a detoxifying procedure so it is wise to stay away from stimulants such as cigarettes, alcohol and drugs, and stick to small amounts of tea and coffee.
- We advise you to drink as much water as you can to aid the elimination process and by consuming light meals for the remainder of the day the body is allowed to concentrate on the natural healing process. You can aid this process further by drinking herbal tea.
- It is normal to feel relaxed and lethargic after a massage. Allow yourself to take it easy and the full therapeutic benefits to take effect. Avoid any strenuous activity, exercise and long drives.
- Avoid the use of any other skin preparations or treatments for 8 hours and if any skin irritation occurs you should wash the affected area immediately.
- The detoxifying process can lead to slight nausea or headaches but this can be avoided by drinking plenty of water.
- It is advisable to remain in the shade when you are outside as some of the oils used may cause irritation when exposed to the sun.
Aromatherapy treatment will typically leave you feeling extremely relaxed but it is important to be aware that you may experience a variety of reactions. Soreness and aching of the muscles is caused by the release of the toxins and the nerves of the body responding to the treatment. Tiredness is also due to the release of the toxins and when this has passed you should feel refreshed and energetic. The release of tension can cause heightened emotions with some people even becoming tearful.
There are other reactions that can occur up to 24 and 48 hours after treatment such as headaches, dizziness, nausea, disrupted sleep patterns and an increased release of mucus in the nose or mouth. These reactions are completely normal; they are a sign that the body is successfully expelling toxins and rebalancing and cleansing itself.
Finally, if you have been given any preparations for use at home please follow the instructions carefully to ensure safe and correct use.
Get in touch with us today and book yourself an appointment for a professional aromatherapy treatment. If you are feeling stressed or tense, this is the perfect way to soothe your body and restore balance in your mind so you can feel calmer and more energised. We will pay attention to your every need to make sure you have a completely relaxing and enjoyable experience with us